Thursday, September 2, 2010



Sometimes people laugh when I say I've only got one painting to do before my thesis show, and that I'm concerned about being able to finish it in four weeks. Then I say, "it's a big one, though--twenty by twenty-five inches."
Sometimes they laugh at that, too.

I don't know how to respond further, except to chronicle the piece's progress so it's evident I'm not just sitting around on my hands! Anyway, I started it this afternoon, and this bit of layout represents several hours' work:



This is the only human figure in the piece. I blocked him, and the fabrics that surround him, out; and since have been applying fields of color on which to build shadows/highlights/patterns.

I'm eager to get further along enough that completion starts to seem plausible...my plan is to post a status on it every couple of days or so, to goad myself onward and upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment